Whether you're aiming to start your own business, join an SME or work for a big corporation, Reading Entrepreneurs can help give you the tools, resources and confidence you need.
The Society is entirely student-led and was launched by HCfE in 2014, in partnership with Reading University Students' Union (RUSU). It is the biggest non-sport society on campus and runs several events throughout the academic year, including guest speaker talks, lectures and more. Most significant is the Entrepreneurship Conference, a networking event launched in 2020 that featured several successful business leaders sharing their insights on starting and growing a business. The full news release from the 2021 event is available to read here.
The Entrepreneurship Society's events for the 2021/22 academic year are as follows:
- 6 October 2021, 6:00pm to 7:30pm, Speed Networking and LinkedIn
- 20 October 2021, 6:00pm to 7:30pm, Social Enterprise
- 3 November 2021, 6:00pm to 7:30pm, Student Start-Ups
- 24 November 2021, 6:00pm to 7:30pm, Raising Finance for Your Business
- 26 January 2022, 6:00pm to 7:30pm, Serial Entrepreneurship
- 23 February 2022, 10:00am to 1:00pm, Flagship Conference
- 9 March 2022, 6:00pm to 7:30pm, Freelancing 101
- 15 April 2022, 6:00pm to 7:30pm, Celebration Party
The Society President for the 2021/22 academic year is Shlok Maheshwari, a BA Business and Management student.
Speaking about becoming the new President, Shlok said: "Everyone is an entrepreneur; we just have to discover the zeal and put to use the ability to serve others. The Entrepreneurship Society aims to instill entrepreneurial growth of the students at University of Reading and this year we intend on hosting events where every student will be inspired to think innovatively."
The other members of the Entrepreneurship Society's committee are as follows:
- Kushan Kantharia, Vice President and Marketing Officer
- Noémie Bovey, Head of Marketing
- Sona Thapa, Events Officer
- Elena Girotto, Business Development Officer
- Waqas Swalheen, Website Manager and Marketing Officer
More information about the Entrepreneurship Society can be found on their website and social media links.