The Leadership Programme
£6,450 + VAT (including residential costs)
Module 1: 5 days
Module 2: 1.5 days
A leadership programme that makes an impact
You will learn to inspire and lead others by better understanding yourself and how you relate to people and situations.
The Leadership Programme will develop your personal leadership skills, helping you to achieve your professional goals and deliver results for your organisation.
Plenty of theory and plenty of practice; you’ll find your own immediate takeaways
During Module 1 of The Leadership Programme you can expect to:
- Better understand yourself as a leader (through psychometric profiling, 360’ feedback model and 1:1 coaching)
- Review multiple leadership models and explore experiential exercises
- Set leadership development goals.
Module 2: Follow-up for impact
Also encompassing new development content, Module 2 gives you the opportunity to review the immediate changes you have made, discuss any obstacles to this and set stretch development goals.
Throughout the programme the emphasis will be on impact and practical application to your own situation and workplace.
Who is The Leadership Programme for?
You will have experience in a leadership role, leading teams, projects or organisations.
You may be at a point where the requirement to lead and influence people is becoming increasingly significant in determining your success.
This programme will be a catalyst for change. If you would like to reflect on your leadership effectiveness and take steps to develop further as a leader, this programme is for you.
Programme content in detail
During Module 1 you will:
- Understand yourself as a leader: Complete psychometric profiles and an extensive 360-degree feedback process (originated at Henley Business School) and gain genuine insight into yourself and how you function in your current business context. Explore the practical implications of these findings for your own day-to-day leadership approach (utilising a 1:1 coaching session)
- Critically review leadership models: Review a range of models that reflect current leadership thinking, assess their relevance and application to your own situation and leadership objectives
- Learn to handle the ambiguity and chaos of leadership: Experience thought-provoking insights and apply your learning to a management challenge
- Set leadership development goals: Tutors, coaches and peers will keep you focused throughout the programme, helping you to review your development and set practical leadership development goals.
Module 2: the follow-up day
The ‘day’ really begins from 4pm the previous day where you can revisit your leadership lifestyle assessment or utilise additional 1:1 coaching. Your class will come together for a catch-up dinner that evening and then a full day of further development on day 2 incl.:
- A review of personal learning
- New insights and leadership theory
- Group discussions and co-coaching
- Revisit your leadership development goals and set new/stretch goals for continued development and impact.
Benefit from ongoing contact with Henley Business School through:
- Access to resources from the online learning portal for up to 12 months
- Henley alumni status.
- Better understanding of yourself as a leader; your behaviours, strengths and weaknesses in this role, and how to utilise these qualities effectively
- Take away a set of frameworks to look at leadership effectiveness in yourself and others
- Develop focus through clear goals and a commitment to your next steps to develop your leadership impact and pathway in the organisation
- Work and network with a supportive peer network facing similar challenges across different employment sectors.
For your organisation
This programme acts as a catalyst for change, helping good leaders through mind-set changes to understand what it takes to deliver high performance and results from their teams. It can mark a significant change in a leaders' effectiveness and career direction.
See the Henley Open Programmes brochure for more learning points and outcomes.
Read feedback from programme alumni on their experiences and outcomes.
Location and facilities
We pride ourselves on understanding the need to create an environment which is both relaxing and comfortable enabling work and study to be focused and effective. From our unique riverside location to our impressive amenities, we provide an ideal environment for meeting success.
How to find us (PDF-1.15 MB)
Balancing busy work schedules with relaxation and exercise is an important aspect of our approach at Henley. The fully equipped and professionally staffed Fitness Centre with views overlooking the beautiful grounds and River Thames has everything needed to restore a sense of well being.
At our Greenlands site we provide a variety of meeting rooms and conference facilities. Our rooms have been designed with an emphasis on practicality with many of our rooms benefiting from the latest presentation equipment to ensure that your meeting runs smoothly.
The conference rooms at Greenlands, Henley, all feature air conditioning, natural daylight and excellent acoustics, as well as state-of-the-art AV and presentation technology controlled by bluetooth touch screens, free WiFi access, laptop connections, networked PC and large screens. Our larger rooms also have repeater screens. Each conference room has access to dedicated syndicate and break-out rooms and refreshment areas close by. Stationery, flipcharts, photocopying facilities and whiteboards are included as standard.
All syndicate and meeting rooms at Henley are fitted with a large screen, networked PC, whiteboards and have free WiFi access and laptop connections. River House 1-14 are also fitted with Copycam, allowing users to capture whiteboard notes at the touch of a button. Digital recorders, video and stills cameras are also available on request. All are laid out boardroom style.
We have 100 rooms including some with disabled facilities. All rooms are en-suite & include a safe, trouser press, laptop connection with free Wi-Fi access, direct dial telephone, satellite TV with radio, Molton Brown toiletries, tea & coffee making facilities and a hair dryer. Photograph of Thames Court accommodation.
Full English breakfast is served in our main dining room, which overlooks the River Thames. Our dedicated staff maintain the facility 24 hours a day, seven days a week. All guest rooms receive daily housekeeping services.
When it comes to dining, we offer you choice, quality and flexibility. We understand that you also want facilities that are conducive to networking, and dining arrangements that integrate seamlessly with the other aspects of your day. Henley is renowned for both its excellent standards of service and the high quality of cuisine. The chefs and their professional staff are able to offer the sophistication of a memorable evening dinner in the spacious dining room, with its views over the lawns down to the Thames.
Fresh, varied breakfasts are prepared by award-winning chefs and served each morning in the beautiful, riverside restaurant - the Heyworth Room.
Several tea and coffee areas are situated throughout the buildings, the Garden Common Room is situated beside the Heyworth Room and is open throughout the day and evening offering a wide range of Fairtrade drinks and a selection of biscuits. The bar is open each evening serving a full range of drinks.
Henley Conference Centre and Hotel
Set in its own 30 acre estate in the beautiful Oxfordshire countryside, alongside the River Thames, this magnificent Grade II Listed Building offers excellent conference, meeting and event facilities and provides a spectacular setting for any gathering. For more information about booking our beautiful facilities please visit the Henley Conferences website.
History of Greenlands
Records indicate that there has been a house on our Greenlands site for 500 years, although the house would have originally been much closer to the river.
Greenlands has been home to a series of notable families and individuals throughout its lifetime. These include Thomas Chaucer, son of Geoffrey Chaucer; Robert D'Oyley, Sheriff of Oxfordshire in 1573; Bulstrode Whitelock, Oliver Cromwell's Ambassador to Sweden and most recently WH Smith, who bought the existing house in 1871. Queen Elizabeth I is also known to have visited on more than one occasion, most likely when staying at her royal palace in Reading.
The site became the home of a new Administrative Staff College in 1946, first welcoming students in 1948. In 1952, after the unexpected death of Viscount Hambleden from whom the College leased the site, an opportunity to purchase Greenlands' 30 acres arose. The College was renamed Henley Management College in 1991, and following the 2008 merger with the University of Reading became Henley Business School. Today, the world-ranked Henley MBA, The Henley DBA and our executive education programmes are delivered at Greenlands.
Points of view
- The complete leader? What you need to know
- Ever worked in a truly aligned team?
- Is 'busyness' really necessary? Graham Louden-Carter
- Why is it sometimes so tough to be a leader?
- Investing in your leaders: Practice makes perfect
- What makes a great Leader? You need 5 Q's. By Professor Andrew Kakabadse
- Do you worry that you're about to be found out? If so, you're not alone...
- Was Albert Einstein an imposter, and what that has got to do with The Leadership Programme? Whitepaper by Dr Suzanne Pollock
- The innovative leader- an article discussing why innovation is a key skill for today's most effective leaders
- Be the best possible leader you can be... and enter an upward spiral of learning and growth. By Graham Louden-Carter and Dr Suzanne Pollack
- Dr Suzanne Pollack talks about how to transform good leaders into great leaders
- Dr Suzanne Pollack discusses how businesses can get the best from their people to improve organisational performance
Offers & Discounts
- 10% discount on programme fee for Henley alumni
- 10% reduction on the programme fee for members of The Henley Partnership
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
When booking multiple open programmes which are paid for upfront, the following discount structure applies:
2-4 people = 10% reduction
5-9 people = 15% reduction
10+ people = 20% reduction
A 50% discount is available to employees of registered charities - please note that the discount is applied at Henley Business School's discretion and to confirm eligibility please contact email@example.com
Please note: Only one discount can apply.
One-day HR Masterclasses do not qualify for this multiple bookings fee reduction.
The Henley Experience
Helping you become exceptional is at the heart of everything we do. The Henley Experience is highly practical, collaborative and academically rigorous. We develop confident leaders and professionals who are able to take a fresh perspective and have the energy, capability and resilience to ensure that they and their organisations are successful.
THE HENLEY EXPERIENCE:
- Rigour & relevance
The Henley Experience is much more than a set of principles. It is ingrained in our spirit and fundamental to our purpose and heritage, characterising the way we can help you to deliver exceptional performance.
We engage with you at the deepest level, fostering a shared spirit of curiosity, exploration, investigation and learning. We collaborate with you in order to challenge assumptions and mindsets, and get to the heart of the real business issues you face.
By creating a safe environment that promotes self-reflection, you are able to ask yourself those crucial questions that allow you to learn more about what informs your strategic business decisions and actions.
We work closely with you to diagnose your strategic individual and organisational aims. We then identify programmes that are best aligned to these goals, or we can co-evolve a learning design specifically aimed at achieving these strategic outcomes.
RIGOUR & RELEVANCE
We draw on world-class research and originate leading-edge thinking – but theory remains theory unless it is applied to real-world business. All of our programmes are delivered by experienced faculty who integrate academic rigour with commercial application. What you learn translates into business results.
Our customers rely on our long history and global reputation for successful executive development. These strengths underlie our responsible and collaborative way of working with you to co-create the very best executive learning experiences and commercial outcomes.
At Henley we know we cannot just be exceptional – we are here to help you become exceptional.