At a glance
- Available to individuals who have successfully completed the Henley Senior Leader Apprenticeship (Business Administration) and achieved the Postgraduate Diploma (Business Administration)
- This is the final stage of Henley’s part-time MBA. Includes a choice of elective modules and a research-based project addressing a management challenge
- Subject area(s)
- Business & Management
- £5,500 - £11,000
- Course length
- Up to approximately 10 months
- Suitable for
- Senior leaders and managers who have been awarded the Postgraduate Diploma (Business Administration)
This programme is designed to allow individuals to undertake further study and complete additional modules, enabling them to achieve their Henley MBA.
This programme expands on the knowledge, skills and behaviours developed as part of the apprenticeship
You will have the opportunity to research and analyse in more depth a particular subject for the final management research challenge
You will choose an elective from a wide range of options, allowing you to specialise your management and leadership studying to best support you in your role and career aspirations
To progress on to this programme individuals will need to have successfully completed the following:
- Senior Leader Apprenticeship (Business Administration) including the End-point assessment (EPA)
- Postgraduate Diploma (Business Administration) - This is the post-apprenticeship programme academic assessment. Henley’s academic panel will assess the work-based projects completed as part of the apprenticeship. Provided these assignments are of the required academic standard, the Postgraduate Diploma will be awarded, and individuals may then progress onto complete the MBA.
Stage 3 of the Henley Flexible Executive MBA requires further study and additional fees.
There are a range of fees depending on the level of commitment at time of contracting between the employer and the University of Reading.
- £5,500 for employers with over 35 learners per cohort agreed at the time of contract
- £7,500 when committing to the programme at the contracting stage for the Senior Leader Apprenticeship
- £11,000 when committing to the programme after commencement of the Senior Leader Apprenticeship.
The following modules will need to be completed:
The Management Research Challenge (MRC) is a major project that offers the apprenticeship learner the opportunity to demonstrate practical research skills in identifying a significant organisational issue, problem or gap in management knowledge. They will design an appropriate data collection and analysis process and present the supported recommendations for practice.Read more
It aims to:
Dr Ana Graça
Dr Lynn Thurloway
This module for the Flexible Executive MBA stage 3 is currently in development.
Plus one module from a range which may include:
- Corporate finance
- Brand strategy
- Managing international HRM
- Corporate responsibility
- Digital marketing
- Relationship marketing
The module or course content descriptions set out on this page are correct for those being taught in the current academic year. Modules or course content marked as optional are indicative and may be subject to change.
For clients wishing to run a closed cohort, we have the flexibility to deliver the programme at locations nationwide. If you do not wish to use your organisation's facilities, we are happy to arrange an alternative teaching venue that may be more convenient for your staff.
Open cohorts are currently taught at our Greenlands campus near Henley-on-Thames. Set in sweeping parkland on the banks of the River Thames, this beautiful campus provides an inspiring and reflective environment for focused work and study.
Why choose Henley?
For over 75 years, Henley Business School has developed confident and resilient business leaders.
Our apprenticeship programmes deliver:
- A high-quality education rooted in the latest business thinking. We are triple-accredited for the quality of our provision
- A direct contribution to business value through learning which focuses on live strategic issues. We work with you to identify the people who will benefit most from the programme and whose participation will have the greatest impact on the organisation
- A blended learning experience - all our apprenticeship programmes feature face-to-face learning*, enhanced and supported by our mobile digital platform. This gives participants access to learning wherever they are and allows the cohort to collaborate outside the classroom
- A flexible approach - in addition to our open cohorts, we offer closed cohorts that can be delivered at locations nationwide* and contextualised to your organisation
- Individual membership of our alumni network, which includes over 80,000 alumni across 150 countries
* Due to COVID-19, face-to-face workshops are currently delivered live-online.
“This programme is perfect for those who are passionate about applying learning in the workplace. It enables learners to bring their new insights to life, through the real-world challenges that they will address during the programme. This means that the programme has a lasting impact on the organisation, but also, crucially, a lifelong impact on the individual too.”Dr Anne Dibley, Programme Director
This programme follows on progression from the Senior Leader Apprenticeship (Business Administration) and Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration.
For more information about Henley’s apprenticeship programmes please contactEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: (0)118 378 4030