At a glance
- Increase your self-confidence and effectiveness
- Learn how to succeed even when you are under pressure
- Understand your personal strengths as a leader and how to use them to deliver high performance
- Experiment with different leadership models
- Develop your plan to become your best leadership self
- Build on the insights from your profiling and 360-degree feedback
- Subject area(s)
- Short course
- £8,995 + VAT (in-person, including residential costs).
- Course length
- 5 days + 1.5 days
- Suitable for
- Individuals with experience in a leadership role (leading teams, projects or organisations)
11 Mar 2024
3 Jun 2024
14 Oct 2024
Looking for a date?
No problem. Get in touch with our team to be kept in the loop on future course dates.Talk to our team
All programmes are subject to limited availability. We recommend booking a minimum of 6 weeks before the programme start date, to guarantee sufficient time for your enrolment and on-boarding.
The Leadership Programme develops and refines your personal leadership skills, including your ability to handle difficult situations, influence others and build relationships. You will also learn how to increase your mental and physical capacity when working under pressure.
You will join the programme as part of a small but diverse group of peers, helping each other through shared experiences.
During the first five-day module, you will clarify the key challenges you want to address and the actions you want to take. This is followed by a significant period of application where you will implement and trial new approaches.
In Module 2 you will reconvene to review what you have learned and reflect on how best to stretch your learning and development goals further, after which the learning and development journey continues.
Know how and when to be operational, tactical and strategic
Set clear leadership goals to help you maximise your impact on others
Intensive 1:1 coaching to help you achieve your leadership goals
Work with peers from a variety of sectors to develop your leadership skills through shared experiences
Master a range of leadership tools and techniques
Revisit and reconsider your progress during Module 2
£8,995 + VAT (in-person, including residential costs).
Standard rate VAT is applicable for UK businesses; overseas businesses based in the EU without a VAT number; and individuals based in the UK, EU or rest of the world.
The Leadership Programme is delivered through a careful blend of tutor inputs, group exercises, psychometric profiling, 360-degree feedback, personal reflection and one-to-one coaching. Throughout the programme the emphasis is on the practical application to your own situation and workplace.
The programme runs for a total of six and half days:
Module 1 allows you to get to grips with your leadership style, critically review leadership models, and set leadership goals.
In this module, you will explore:
Dr Suzanne Pollack
Module 2 allows you to review and consolidate your learning, build on your existing goals and set new ones. It will include a catch-up dinner for participants in the evening of day one.
In this module, you will:
Dr Suzanne Pollack
We strongly encourage you to stay active within the Henley Business School community after completing your leadership course by:
*The module or course content descriptions set out on this page are correct for those being taught in the current academic year. Modules or course content marked as optional are indicative and may be subject to change. Please note, constraints in timetable scheduling may mean you are unable to take some optional modules at the same time as others.
Programme Director Suzanne Pollack's expertise lies in helping senior executives and top teams to reach their full potential. Her pragmatic approach draws on a blend of NLP, best business practice, her own senior leadership experience and proven psychological techniques. She has a PhD in experience and management of change and has worked with a wide variety of clients, from small companies and NGOs to multinationals such as Shell and IBM.
"The Leadership Programme gives you a fantastic sense of self-belief, and a deeper understanding of what it means to be a leader. It completely opened my eyes to the critical role of coaching in leadership, and the need to help those around you to grow and flourish."
"I know that I’m now a much better listener. I really try to engage each member of the team ... as a result, you can see that everyone is more confident. They’re not afraid to make decisions."
"I’m certain that the skills and techniques I acquired at Henley are actively used every single week."
The following reductions are available on programmes fees
- 10% for Henley alumni*
- 10% for members of The Henley Partnership
The following discount is available on programme fees when multiple open programmes are booked. Payment is required in advance and this offer is subject to eligibility**.
- 10% 2-4 people
- 15% 5-9 people
- 20% 10+ people
A 50% discount is available to registered charities.
It is subject to eligibility and available at Henley Business School's discretion**
* Alumni discount is available to Henley Business School alumni (as part of University of Reading) not to graduates of Henley Management College.
** Please contact us for eligibility criteria, availability and terms.
For more information
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Set in sweeping parkland on the banks of the River Thames, Henley Business School's Greenlands campus provides an inspiring and reflective environment for focused work and study.
Why choose Henley?
(Financial Times Executive Education open enrolment programmes rankings 2023)
(Executive Education 2023: Top 50 combined ranking and school profiles)
(Financial Times Executive Education programme rankings 2022)
For 75 years, Henley Business School has developed confident and resilient business leaders. Executive Education at Henley is:
- Practical: we combine academic rigour with a strong practical focus, so you can immediately apply what you have learned back in your organisation.
- Relevant: Henley faculty are experienced practitioners who can support you in exploring solutions to your organisation’s challenges.
- Collaborative: Open programmes enable you to expand your network, gain new perspectives and share ideas with peers from a range of backgrounds and sectors.
- Personal: deliberately small learning groups allow you to benefit from individual attention and a confidential environment. We encourage you to understand your unique strengths, leadership style, and areas for development.