At a glance
- Put your management and leadership skills to the test with workshops and a live consultancy exercise
- Gain insight into your key management challenges with 1:1 coaching and 360-degree feedback
- Learn to skilfully combine theory and practice to enable you to successfully formulate and roll out strategy
- Strengthen your leadership mindset with interactive sessions on well-being, mindfulness and resilience
In-person delivery will take place in accordance with, and subject to, the latest government guidance and measures put in place by the University of Reading.
Our Executive Management Programme (EMP) is an advanced management and leadership development course for experienced executives.
As well as developing your management skills, the course helps you to boost your self-confidence, stretch your thinking and strengthen your performance. It is ideal if you are moving from a functional/operational management role to a position with more responsibility across your organisation.
Delivered by business experts, academics and practitioners, the EMP balances the theory of key advanced management and leadership disciplines with practical application.
To find out more about your stay at Greenlands, read our Visiting Greenlands - COVID 19 safety information page.
Gain the insights to devise and implement effective strategy in your organisation
Develop the confidence to operate outside your comfort zone
Increase your ability to engage, inspire and influence
Prepare for a more senior management role or professional challenge
£15,000 + VAT (including residential costs)
Standard rate VAT is applicable for UK businesses; overseas businesses based in the EU without a VAT number; and individuals based in the UK, EU, or rest of the world.
The Executive Management Programme is delivered through a combination of workshops, role-play activities, coaching and self-awareness sessions. You will study as part of a small but diverse cohort of peers, learning from each other’s shared experiences.
The programme takes place over four months, as broken down below:
Three to four weeks before your course starts, you will:
Module 1 is delivered on site at Greenlands. These immersive, practical sessions focus on leading self, leading others, and leading the change process.
Content is delivered through a dynamic combination of workshops, role-play activities, 1:1 coaching, and LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY®. You can also choose to wear a heart rate monitor for four days to learn how your heart rate variability (HRV) impacts your well-being and effectiveness.
Professor Patricia Riddell
Professor Andrew Kakabadse
Margaret de Lattre
Between modules you will the opportunity to consolidate and apply the skills and techniques you have learned.
You will also have a 1:1 executive coaching session and additional reading during this time.
Module 2 is delivered on site at Greenlands and focuses on leading organisations effectively.
The consultancy exercise is with a host organisation, normally a social enterprise, charity, or NGO. You will help them solve a particular business challenge, drawing from what you have learned on the programme to make recommendations.
Margaret de Lattre
To enable you to effectively implement your learning, support from the Programme Director and Henley continue after your course is completed.
*The module or course content descriptions set out on this page are correct for those being taught in the current academic year. Modules or course content marked as optional are indicative and may be subject to change. Please note, constraints in timetable scheduling may mean you are unable to take some optional modules at the same time as others.
Programme Director Narendra Laljani is a management educator, consultant and CEO coach with 25 years' experience in leadership development and helping organisations to become more effective. He has undertaken management development projects for a diverse range of clients and has consulted at board level with a large number of international organisations.
"What I learned in 2 weeks from this programme would have taken me 4 to 5 years to learn otherwise."
"The quality of the teaching was exceptional … we always felt that we were being taught by world leaders in their fields."
"It was so practical, and I could apply what I’d learned directly to my work ... I find myself being comfortable in much more advanced strategic conversations."
"The academic side of the learning was still there, but the expert practitioners were fantastic, and the amount of practical and interactive involvement was a welcome surprise."
The following reductions are available on programmes fees
- 10% for Henley alumni*
- 10% for members of The Henley Partnership
The following discount is available on programme fees when multiple open programmes are booked. Payment is required in advance and this offer is subject to eligibility**.
- 10% 2-4 people
- 15% 5-9 people
- 20% 10+ people
A 50% discount is available to registered charities.
It is subject to eligibility and available at Henley Business School's discretion**
* Alumni discount is available to Henley Business School alumni (as part of University of Reading) not to graduates of Henley Management College.
** Please contact us for eligibility criteria, availability and terms.
For more information
Please contact email@example.com
Set in sweeping parkland on the banks of the River Thames, Henley Business School's Greenlands campus provides an inspiring and reflective environment for focused work and study.
- Five top tips you need as you step up to senior management
- Are you a fast thinker or a slow thinker, and what does this say about your ability as a leader?
- The anatomy of a great strategic leader, and how to replicate it!
- Wellbeing and its Strategic Role in Business Success
- From Zoom to Wide Angle: Taking a Broader Leadership Perspective
- You may be doing things right, but are you doing the right things?
Listen to Programme Director Narendra Laljani on Series 2 of our Leading Edge podcasts, 'How to Get Your Boss’s Job – and keep it'
Why choose Henley?
(Financial Times Executive Education open enrolment programmes rankings 2022)
(Executive Education 2022: Top 50 combined ranking and school profiles)
(Financial Times Executive Education programme rankings 2022)
For 75 years, Henley Business School has developed confident and resilient business leaders. Executive Education at Henley is:
- Practical: we combine academic rigour with a strong practical focus, so you can immediately apply what you have learned back in your organisation.
- Relevant: Henley faculty are experienced practitioners who can support you in exploring solutions to your organisation’s challenges.
- Collaborative: Open programmes enable you to expand your network, gain new perspectives and share ideas with peers from a range of backgrounds and sectors.
- Personal: deliberately small learning groups allow you to benefit from individual attention and a confidential environment. We encourage you to understand your unique strengths, leadership style, and areas for development.
You might also like
Advanced Personal Leadership Programme
See yourself as others see you. Gain insight into your personal impact as a leader and develop your action plan for success with the Advanced Personal Leadership Programme.
Henley MA Leadership
Master the art of exceptional leadership and be the driving force behind the team with the Henley MA Leadership.
The Henley Executive Hedge Fund Programme
Develop a holistic, practical understanding of hedge funds and network with mentors and experienced industry professionals.