Advanced Management Practice
£15,000 + VAT (including residential costs)
Module 1: 5 days
Module 2: 5 days
Experience the difference
The difference between outstanding potential and outstanding leadership is experience. That’s why we arm you with the latest business thinking, then place you into real-world situations which prepare you for today’s ever changing business environment. So you gain the skills you need to help your organisation achieve real growth – and become a truly exceptional leader.
Benefits of the programme
- Develop the skills and confidence to take on a general management or board level role
- Discover new perspectives and new ideas to apply to your current role, challenges and context
- Reflect on your leadership skills, then recognise and plan for the changes you can make
- Improve your emotional resilience
- Focus on your chosen key areas of development through tailored learning – elective options include finance, innovation and customer-focussed marketing
- Learn from 1:1 coaching during and after the programme
- Receive guidance, feedback and insights from a programme delivery team that includes Henley academics, as well as highly experienced business people
- Access online materials for 12 months after the completion of your programme, for extended professional development
Benefits to your organisation
- A comprehensive development process for your senior managers making one of the most challenging career transitions into top flight, cross-organistion roles
- Focused learning for the individuals’ needs and your organisational challenges or opportunities
- Participants actively supported to apply the learning from the programme in your organisation and outside the taught modules – action leaning, coaching, internal sponsors and ongoing contact with the Henley Team
- Leaders who can cut it in today’s competitive environment
- A leadership talent pipeline
- Insights into the latest thinking on strategic topics
If you are unable to view the content in the above table please use Internet Explorer 10 or higher, Firefox or Google Chrome.
Click here for larger image
The AMP Journey
From start to finish, the Advanced Management Practice programme is designed to help you fulfil your leadership potential – and give you the ability to manage in a complex environment. We tailor each programme to meet your needs, so whatever path you choose, you leave Henley ready to make a difference in both your organisation, and your career.
Before the programme
- You undertake pre-programme tasks - including 360 and psychometric analysis - to ensure a personal experience.
- You choose elective sessions to tailor the programme to your specific requirements and areas of interest.
- A learning contract is established between you, the Programme Director, a nominated learning partner in your organisation, and a designated Henley coach. This means you benefit from a learning experience that’s connected to your objectives, as well as the objectives of your organisation.
- You are granted access to a virtual learning portal – so you can complete pre-work, connect with Henley faculty, talk to other participants, and access learning resources.
During the programme
- Two five-day residential modules are delivered by a varied and experienced team, which is made up of both Henley faculty and business professionals.
- Between modules, the team will support you through coaching and action learning. Your organisation learning partner will also be there to help you apply your learning in your day-to-day role.
- With your co-participants, you’ll spend a full day acting as a consultant to the leadership team in a business environment – helping them to address an organisational challenge first-hand. Afterwards, feedback will be provided in order to assess the team’s performance.
- Learning points include:Leading people through change, the psychology of engagement, resilience and leadership. Download our brochure for the full programme.
- You will be divided into small action learning groups in order to investigate, diagnose and discuss real world business issues.
- Continued access to the programme portal allows you to fully engage with the course between modules.
After the programme
You return to your role with practical experience that will enable you to manage and lead more effectively.
Learning outcomes include the insight and inspiration to build your own world-class team, and the ability to deal with diversity and uncertainty. Download our brochure to find out more.
Your learning partner and coach support you in your day-to-day role – ensuring an immediate and lasting impact on performance.
You retain access to the online learning resources for up to 12 months.
You become a part of the vibrant Henley Business School Alumni network.
Location and facilities
We pride ourselves on understanding the need to create an environment which is both relaxing and comfortable enabling work and study to be focused and effective. From our unique riverside location to our impressive amenities, we provide an ideal environment for meeting success.
How to find us (PDF-1.15 MB)
Balancing busy work schedules with relaxation and exercise is an important aspect of our approach at Henley. The fully equipped and professionally staffed Fitness Centre with views overlooking the beautiful grounds and River Thames has everything needed to restore a sense of well being.
At our Greenlands site we provide a variety of meeting rooms and conference facilities. Our rooms have been designed with an emphasis on practicality with many of our rooms benefiting from the latest presentation equipment to ensure that your meeting runs smoothly.
The conference rooms at Greenlands, Henley, all feature air conditioning, natural daylight and excellent acoustics, as well as state-of-the-art AV and presentation technology controlled by bluetooth touch screens, free WiFi access, laptop connections, networked PC and large screens. Our larger rooms also have repeater screens. Each conference room has access to dedicated syndicate and break-out rooms and refreshment areas close by. Stationery, flipcharts, photocopying facilities and whiteboards are included as standard.
All syndicate and meeting rooms at Henley are fitted with a large screen, networked PC, whiteboards and have free WiFi access and laptop connections. River House 1-14 are also fitted with Copycam, allowing users to capture whiteboard notes at the touch of a button. Digital recorders, video and stills cameras are also available on request. All are laid out boardroom style.
We have 100 rooms including some with disabled facilities. All rooms are en-suite & include a safe, trouser press, laptop connection with free Wi-Fi access, direct dial telephone, satellite TV with radio, Molton Brown toiletries, tea & coffee making facilities and a hair dryer. Photograph of Thames Court accommodation.
Full English breakfast is served in our main dining room, which overlooks the River Thames. Our dedicated staff maintain the facility 24 hours a day, seven days a week. All guest rooms receive daily housekeeping services.
When it comes to dining, we offer you choice, quality and flexibility. We understand that you also want facilities that are conducive to networking, and dining arrangements that integrate seamlessly with the other aspects of your day. Henley is renowned for both its excellent standards of service and the high quality of cuisine. The chefs and their professional staff are able to offer the sophistication of a memorable evening dinner in the spacious dining room, with its views over the lawns down to the Thames.
Fresh, varied breakfasts are prepared by award-winning chefs and served each morning in the beautiful, riverside restaurant - the Heyworth Room.
Several tea and coffee areas are situated throughout the buildings, the Garden Common Room is situated beside the Heyworth Room and is open throughout the day and evening offering a wide range of Fairtrade drinks and a selection of biscuits. The bar is open each evening serving a full range of drinks.
Henley Conference Centre and Hotel
Set in its own 30 acre estate in the beautiful Oxfordshire countryside, alongside the River Thames, this magnificent Grade II Listed Building offers excellent conference, meeting and event facilities and provides a spectacular setting for any gathering. For more information about booking our beautiful facilities please visit the Henley Conferences website.
History of Greenlands
Records indicate that there has been a house on our Greenlands site for 500 years, although the house would have originally been much closer to the river.
Greenlands has been home to a series of notable families and individuals throughout its lifetime. These include Thomas Chaucer, son of Geoffrey Chaucer; Robert D'Oyley, Sheriff of Oxfordshire in 1573; Bulstrode Whitelock, Oliver Cromwell's Ambassador to Sweden and most recently WH Smith, who bought the existing house in 1871. Queen Elizabeth I is also known to have visited on more than one occasion, most likely when staying at her royal palace in Reading.
The site became the home of a new Administrative Staff College in 1946, first welcoming students in 1948. In 1952, after the unexpected death of Viscount Hambleden from whom the College leased the site, an opportunity to purchase Greenlands' 30 acres arose. The College was renamed Henley Management College in 1991, and following the 2008 merger with the University of Reading became Henley Business School. Today, the world-ranked Henley MBA, The Henley DBA and our executive education programmes are delivered at Greenlands.
Points of view
- Global Human Capital Trends
- Are you a fast thinker or a slow thinker, and what does this say about your ability as a leader?
- Performance under pressure - Controlling your physiology to optimise your performance
- Not just neat theories- upgrade your talent to the latest version with the Advanced Management Practice programme
- Leander Rowing Club adds the the golden touch to Henley's Advanced Management Practice programme
- As Brexit takes management uncertainty to new heights, how will you rise to the challenge?
- What is 'advanced management' and how does it differ from 'ordinary management'?
- Want to improve your leadership skills? You need to get out more
- UK top 3 ranking for Executive Education in Financial Times 2017
- Henley Corporate Learning Survey 2017
Offers & Discounts
10% discount on programme fee for Henley alumni
When booking multiple open programmes which are paid for upfront, the following discount structure applies:
2-4 people = 10% reduction
5-9 people = 15% reduction
10+ people = 20% reduction
A 50% discount is available to registered charities - please note that the discount is applied at Henley Business School's discretion and to confirm eligibility please contact email@example.com
The Henley Way
Helping you become exceptional is at the heart of everything we do. The Henley Way is highly practical, collaborative and academically rigorous. We develop confident leaders and professionals who are able to take a fresh perspective and have the energy, capability and resilience to ensure that they and their organisations are successful.
THE HENLEY WAY:
- Rigour & relevance
The Henley Way is much more than a set of principles. It is ingrained in our spirit and fundamental to our purpose and heritage, characterising the way we can help you to deliver exceptional performance.
We engage with you at the deepest level, fostering a shared spirit of curiosity, exploration, investigation and learning. We collaborate with you in order to challenge assumptions and mindsets, and get to the heart of the real business issues you face.
By creating a safe environment that promotes self-reflection, you are able to ask yourself those crucial questions that allow you to learn more about what informs your strategic business decisions and actions.
We work closely with you to diagnose your strategic individual and organisational aims. We then identify programmes that are best aligned to these goals, or we can co-evolve a learning design specifically aimed at achieving these strategic outcomes.
RIGOUR & RELEVANCE
We draw on world-class research and originate leading-edge thinking – but theory remains theory unless it is applied to real-world business. All of our programmes are delivered by experienced faculty who integrate academic rigour with commercial application. What you learn translates into business results.
Our customers rely on our long history and global reputation for successful executive development. These strengths underlie our responsible and collaborative way of working with you to co-create the very best executive learning experiences and commercial outcomes.
At Henley we know we cannot just be exceptional – we are here to help you become exceptional.