Advanced Management Practice
£15,000 + VAT (including residential costs)
Module 1: 5 days
Module 2: 5 days
A general management programme with a difference
The Henley AMP is a comprehensive general management process for senior executives. The core of the programme, two 5-day residential modules at Henley Business School, combine strategic management insights from business school research with workshops on leadership behaviours.
The difference is the emphasis we place on real-world application, immediate impact and long-term behavioural change. Make your Henley AMP your own with:
- 1:1 coaching
- Psychometric profiling
- Electives - choose the management topics you want to focus on
- A 'learning partner' at your organisation to support long-term transformation and impact
- Content tailored by faculty to complement each participant group
- Company field visit – organisation analysis and consulting skills used in real-time
For those moving to more senior or general management roles, the Henley AMP will accelerate the transition from outstanding potential to outstanding leadership.
Who is Advanced Management Practice (AMP) for?
- Ambitious senior-level leaders, such as directors or heads of department, from any sector who wish to assume greater responsibility (around strategic direction, or managing change, larger teams or budgets) and drive their organisation’s success.
- Those already in a general management role looking to explore their leadership style and behaviours, expand their network and knowledge, and develop their management capability.
The Henley AMP programme structure
If you are unable to view the content in the above table please use Internet Explorer 10 or higher, Firefox or Google Chrome.
The AMP Journey
Pre-programme tasks: Personalise your AMP
- 360 and psychometric analysis
- Select your elective sessions
- Establish your learning contract: Between yourself, the Programme Director, a nominated learning partner in your organisation, and a designated Henley coach (linking the learning experience with your objectives, as well as the objectives of your organisation)
- Access the virtual learning portal: Complete pre-work, connect with faculty and participants, and access books, journals and other resources.
During the AMP: Developing general management knowledge and exploring leadership behaviours
- Areas of focus include; strategy for complex times, advanced management dilemmas, leading change, organisational systems and dynamics, mapping strategic capability, organisational culture and performance, power and politics, resilience and well-being
- Delivered by Henley faculty and business professionals; an experienced team with a diverse skill-set
- Small action learning groups investigate, diagnose and discuss real world business issues
- 1:1 coaching and support from your organisation learning partner between modules
- Continued access to the virtual learning portal to engage with the programme between modules.
Post-programme: Continued development and impact
- Return to your role with new skills, ideas and a new approach to lead more effectively
- Support from your organisation learning partner, the Programme Director, and through 1:1 coaching
- Access resources from the online learning portal for up to 12 months
- Become a part of the vibrant Henley Business School Alumni network.
- Develop the technical knowledge needed (complemented by leadership soft skills) to successfully take on a general management or board-level role
- Position yourself to manage complexity: Greater self-awareness and resilience will help you effectively diagnose and manage unpredictable challenges whilst maintaining a steer on the positive changes you can make for the future of yourself and your team
- Innovation and vision: Consider new ideas, opinions and strategies, and leave with a fresh perspective on your business challenges
- Extended professional development: Online access to academic and business resources for 12 months after the completion of your AMP programme.
See the AMP programme brochure for additional outcomes.
For your organisation
- Motivated, effective, informed and innovative leaders who will drive the business forward
- Insights into the latest thinking on strategic business topics
- Confidence in the readiness of the leadership talent pipeline
- The design of the Henley AMP deliberately includes collaboration between Henley, the participant and their organisation (for e.g. via company sponsor/learning partner). This collaboration ensures maximum return on the programme investment for the individual and organisation.
Location and facilities
We pride ourselves on understanding the need to create an environment which is both relaxing and comfortable enabling work and study to be focused and effective. From our unique riverside location to our impressive amenities, we provide an ideal environment for meeting success.
How to find us (PDF-1.15 MB)
Balancing busy work schedules with relaxation and exercise is an important aspect of our approach at Henley. The fully equipped and professionally staffed Fitness Centre with views overlooking the beautiful grounds and River Thames has everything needed to restore a sense of well being.
At our Greenlands site we provide a variety of meeting rooms and conference facilities. Our rooms have been designed with an emphasis on practicality with many of our rooms benefiting from the latest presentation equipment to ensure that your meeting runs smoothly.
The conference rooms at Greenlands, Henley, all feature air conditioning, natural daylight and excellent acoustics, as well as state-of-the-art AV and presentation technology controlled by bluetooth touch screens, free WiFi access, laptop connections, networked PC and large screens. Our larger rooms also have repeater screens. Each conference room has access to dedicated syndicate and break-out rooms and refreshment areas close by. Stationery, flipcharts, photocopying facilities and whiteboards are included as standard.
All syndicate and meeting rooms at Henley are fitted with a large screen, networked PC, whiteboards and have free WiFi access and laptop connections. River House 1-14 are also fitted with Copycam, allowing users to capture whiteboard notes at the touch of a button. Digital recorders, video and stills cameras are also available on request. All are laid out boardroom style.
We have 100 rooms including some with disabled facilities. All rooms are en-suite & include a safe, trouser press, laptop connection with free Wi-Fi access, direct dial telephone, satellite TV with radio, Molton Brown toiletries, tea & coffee making facilities and a hair dryer. Photograph of Thames Court accommodation.
Full English breakfast is served in our main dining room, which overlooks the River Thames. Our dedicated staff maintain the facility 24 hours a day, seven days a week. All guest rooms receive daily housekeeping services.
When it comes to dining, we offer you choice, quality and flexibility. We understand that you also want facilities that are conducive to networking, and dining arrangements that integrate seamlessly with the other aspects of your day. Henley is renowned for both its excellent standards of service and the high quality of cuisine. The chefs and their professional staff are able to offer the sophistication of a memorable evening dinner in the spacious dining room, with its views over the lawns down to the Thames.
Fresh, varied breakfasts are prepared by award-winning chefs and served each morning in the beautiful, riverside restaurant - the Heyworth Room.
Several tea and coffee areas are situated throughout the buildings, the Garden Common Room is situated beside the Heyworth Room and is open throughout the day and evening offering a wide range of Fairtrade drinks and a selection of biscuits. The bar is open each evening serving a full range of drinks.
Henley Conference Centre and Hotel
Set in its own 30 acre estate in the beautiful Oxfordshire countryside, alongside the River Thames, this magnificent Grade II Listed Building offers excellent conference, meeting and event facilities and provides a spectacular setting for any gathering. For more information about booking our beautiful facilities please visit the Henley Conferences website.
History of Greenlands
Records indicate that there has been a house on our Greenlands site for 500 years, although the house would have originally been much closer to the river.
Greenlands has been home to a series of notable families and individuals throughout its lifetime. These include Thomas Chaucer, son of Geoffrey Chaucer; Robert D'Oyley, Sheriff of Oxfordshire in 1573; Bulstrode Whitelock, Oliver Cromwell's Ambassador to Sweden and most recently WH Smith, who bought the existing house in 1871. Queen Elizabeth I is also known to have visited on more than one occasion, most likely when staying at her royal palace in Reading.
The site became the home of a new Administrative Staff College in 1946, first welcoming students in 1948. In 1952, after the unexpected death of Viscount Hambleden from whom the College leased the site, an opportunity to purchase Greenlands' 30 acres arose. The College was renamed Henley Management College in 1991, and following the 2008 merger with the University of Reading became Henley Business School. Today, the world-ranked Henley MBA, The Henley DBA and our executive education programmes are delivered at Greenlands.
Points of view
- Global Human Capital Trends
- Are you a fast thinker or a slow thinker, and what does this say about your ability as a leader?
- Performance under pressure - Controlling your physiology to optimise your performance
- Not just neat theories- upgrade your talent to the latest version with the Advanced Management Practice programme
- Leander Rowing Club adds the the golden touch to Henley's Advanced Management Practice programme
- As Brexit takes management uncertainty to new heights, how will you rise to the challenge?
- What is 'advanced management' and how does it differ from 'ordinary management'?
- Want to improve your leadership skills? You need to get out more
- UK top 3 ranking for Executive Education in Financial Times 2017
- Henley Corporate Learning Survey 2017
Offers & Discounts
- 10% reduction on the programme fee for Henley alumni
- 10% reduction on the programme fee for members of The Henley Partnership
For more information please contact email@example.com
When booking multiple open programmes which are paid for upfront, the following discount structure applies:
- 2-4 people = 10% reduction
- 5-9 people = 15% reduction
- 10+ people = 20% reduction
A 50% discount is available to registered charities - please note that the discount is applied at Henley Business School's discretion; to confirm eligibility please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Only one discount can apply.
One-day HR Masterclasses do not qualify for this multiple bookings fee reduction.
The Henley Way
Helping you become exceptional is at the heart of everything we do. The Henley Way is highly practical, collaborative and academically rigorous. We develop confident leaders and professionals who are able to take a fresh perspective and have the energy, capability and resilience to ensure that they and their organisations are successful.
THE HENLEY WAY:
- Rigour & relevance
The Henley Way is much more than a set of principles. It is ingrained in our spirit and fundamental to our purpose and heritage, characterising the way we can help you to deliver exceptional performance.
We engage with you at the deepest level, fostering a shared spirit of curiosity, exploration, investigation and learning. We collaborate with you in order to challenge assumptions and mindsets, and get to the heart of the real business issues you face.
By creating a safe environment that promotes self-reflection, you are able to ask yourself those crucial questions that allow you to learn more about what informs your strategic business decisions and actions.
We work closely with you to diagnose your strategic individual and organisational aims. We then identify programmes that are best aligned to these goals, or we can co-evolve a learning design specifically aimed at achieving these strategic outcomes.
RIGOUR & RELEVANCE
We draw on world-class research and originate leading-edge thinking – but theory remains theory unless it is applied to real-world business. All of our programmes are delivered by experienced faculty who integrate academic rigour with commercial application. What you learn translates into business results.
Our customers rely on our long history and global reputation for successful executive development. These strengths underlie our responsible and collaborative way of working with you to co-create the very best executive learning experiences and commercial outcomes.
At Henley we know we cannot just be exceptional – we are here to help you become exceptional.