Henley MSc in Coaching and Behavioural Change
£19,750 excluding accommodation. Can be paid in 3 stages.
Up to 30 months
Please note September 2018 intake is now fully booked with a waiting list in place. Please enquire.
Organisations are increasingly looking to coaching - conducted by both dedicated coaches and line managers – to help executives work through challenging business issues.
To contribute effectively to the business agenda, a coach needs the ability to align coaching objectives to business objectives.
The Henley MSc in Coaching and Behavioural Change is unique in its emphasis on the organisational context for coaching, and for the inclusion of a practitioner research project as an integral part of the programme.
Further programme experiences can be viewed in the 'case studies' area to the right of the page.
Who is the programme for?
This course is designed for those who are using, and intend to develop further, a coaching approach either in a line management role or as a professional freelance executive coach. It is also intended for managers who may be seeking to build a business-focused coaching culture within their organisations.
You will typically have a good first degree or an equivalent professional qualification and a minimum of 5 years' management experience. However, applications are welcomed from individuals with substantial knowledge, experience and skills in a relevant field who do not meet these requirements. An excellent level of English is essential and proficiency testing may be requested.
This course is part-time and scheduled over 30 months with an additional 6 months for writing up assignments if required.
Benefits to you
Completing the MSc will enable you to more fully:
- Understand the dynamics of coaching relationships: individual, team and organisational
- Increase your range of coaching tools and techniques and know when and how to deploy them
- Develop the analytical and problem solving skills that facilitate coaching of senior managers
- Build an understanding of the psychological processes involved in behavioural change and how coaching can be used effectively to support this
- Build mastery and confidence in coaching by broadening and deepening your knowledge and understanding of yourself and others
- Experience coaching supervision
- Apply your coaching skills to a management challenge that will develop your ability to align coaching with business objectives.
This qualification is achieved in three stages. Successful completion of each stage is required before you can progress to the next:
Includes two modules; the Henley Professional Certificate in Coaching and Neuroscience & Psychology for Behavioural Change. These two modules typically take nine months, involve two 2-day plus one 3-day workshops for the Certificate and two 3-day plus one 4-day workshops for the Neuroscience and Psychology module. Stage 1 is assessed through reflective assignments and critical essays.
Exemptions from this stage are available for prospective participants who currently hold the Henley Professional Certificate in Coaching. Please contact us to discuss your situation.
Includes modules in Advanced Coaching Practice, Group Dynamics & Systems Thinking, and Becoming a Reflective Practitioner. This stage takes around nine months, involves six 3-day residential workshops. This stage is assessed through a variety of reflective assignments.
Note: Coaching supervision workshops take place during Stage 2. They review different models of coaching supervision, offer practice in coaching supervision skills and enable you to receive coaching supervision in a small group.
Includes the research project and a personal project. This stage would typically take around nine months and involves two written assignments - one of 15,000 words and one of 5,000 words.
Location and facilities
We pride ourselves on understanding the need to create an environment which is both relaxing and comfortable enabling work and study to be focused and effective. From our unique riverside location to our impressive amenities, we provide an ideal environment for meeting success.
How to find us (PDF-1.15 MB)
Balancing busy work schedules with relaxation and exercise is an important aspect of our approach at Henley. The fully equipped and professionally staffed Fitness Centre with views overlooking the beautiful grounds and River Thames has everything needed to restore a sense of well being.
At our Greenlands site we provide a variety of meeting rooms and conference facilities. Our rooms have been designed with an emphasis on practicality with many of our rooms benefiting from the latest presentation equipment to ensure that your meeting runs smoothly.
The conference rooms at Greenlands, Henley, all feature air conditioning, natural daylight and excellent acoustics, as well as state-of-the-art AV and presentation technology controlled by bluetooth touch screens, free WiFi access, laptop connections, networked PC and large screens. Our larger rooms also have repeater screens. Each conference room has access to dedicated syndicate and break-out rooms and refreshment areas close by. Stationery, flipcharts, photocopying facilities and whiteboards are included as standard.
All syndicate and meeting rooms at Henley are fitted with a large screen, networked PC, whiteboards and have free WiFi access and laptop connections. River House 1-14 are also fitted with Copycam, allowing users to capture whiteboard notes at the touch of a button. Digital recorders, video and stills cameras are also available on request. All are laid out boardroom style.
We have 100 rooms including some with disabled facilities. All rooms are en-suite & include a safe, trouser press, laptop connection with free Wi-Fi access, direct dial telephone, satellite TV with radio, Molton Brown toiletries, tea & coffee making facilities and a hair dryer. Photograph of Thames Court accommodation.
Full English breakfast is served in our main dining room, which overlooks the River Thames. Our dedicated staff maintain the facility 24 hours a day, seven days a week. All guest rooms receive daily housekeeping services.
When it comes to dining, we offer you choice, quality and flexibility. We understand that you also want facilities that are conducive to networking, and dining arrangements that integrate seamlessly with the other aspects of your day. Henley is renowned for both its excellent standards of service and the high quality of cuisine. The chefs and their professional staff are able to offer the sophistication of a memorable evening dinner in the spacious dining room, with its views over the lawns down to the Thames.
Fresh, varied breakfasts are prepared by award-winning chefs and served each morning in the beautiful, riverside restaurant - the Heyworth Room.
Several tea and coffee areas are situated throughout the buildings, the Garden Common Room is situated beside the Heyworth Room and is open throughout the day and evening offering a wide range of Fairtrade drinks and a selection of biscuits. The bar is open each evening serving a full range of drinks.
Henley Conference Centre and Hotel
Set in its own 30 acre estate in the beautiful Oxfordshire countryside, alongside the River Thames, this magnificent Grade II Listed Building offers excellent conference, meeting and event facilities and provides a spectacular setting for any gathering. For more information about booking our beautiful facilities please visit the Henley Conferences website.
History of Greenlands
Records indicate that there has been a house on our Greenlands site for 500 years, although the house would have originally been much closer to the river.
Greenlands has been home to a series of notable families and individuals throughout its lifetime. These include Thomas Chaucer, son of Geoffrey Chaucer; Robert D'Oyley, Sheriff of Oxfordshire in 1573; Bulstrode Whitelock, Oliver Cromwell's Ambassador to Sweden and most recently WH Smith, who bought the existing house in 1871. Queen Elizabeth I is also known to have visited on more than one occasion, most likely when staying at her royal palace in Reading.
The site became the home of a new Administrative Staff College in 1946, first welcoming students in 1948. In 1952, after the unexpected death of Viscount Hambleden from whom the College leased the site, an opportunity to purchase Greenlands' 30 acres arose. The College was renamed Henley Management College in 1991, and following the 2008 merger with the University of Reading became Henley Business School. Today, the world-ranked Henley MBA, The Henley DBA and our executive education programmes are delivered at Greenlands.
Points of view
- Coaching and Meditation: The daily grind
- The psychology of positivity and strengths-based approaches at work
- What is mastery in coaching and how do I get it?
- Why multitasking isn't one of our strengths
- Coaching Corner: What can neuroscience tell us about leadership coaching?
- Coaching Corner: Coaching across cultures by Patricia Bossons
- Coaching Corner: Insights from neuroscience by Patricia Bossons
- Why is it sometimes so tough to be a leader?
- How can we cope with stress and build resilience in the workplace? Part 1
- How can we cope with stress and build resilience in the workplace? Part 2
- Ershad Coaching: Integrates Islamic principles
- What can coaching learn from Pokemon Go?
- Jane Cox, GCC HR Director at Royal and Sun Alliance, tells us what she has learned whilst at Henley Business School
- What is coaching supervision and why is it needed?
- Karen Hayns, Client Services Director at Williams Lea, shares with us why she made the decision to pursue an MSc in Coaching & Behavioural Change at Henley
- Karen Bentley, Lead HR Business Partner, Kinetic People Ltd talks of her experience to date with the MSc Coaching & Behavioural Change
- Rebecca Stevens, Head Employee Engagement, BAT talks about why she chose the Henley MSc in Coaching and Behavioural Change
- Dr Patricia Bossons discusses neuro-linguistic programming, both as a subject and how Henley incorporates it into the MSc in Coaching & Behavioural Change
- Dr Patricia Bossons gives an overview of The Henley MSc in Coaching and Behavioural Change
- Denis Sartain, Visiting Executive Fellow at Henley Business School, discusses the use of the Walt Disnet creative techinique in coaching
- Students on the MSc Coaching & Behavioural Change comment on their personal experience of the programme
- Why should you take an MSc in Coaching & Behavioural Change? Patricia Bossons explains more about coaching at Henley Business School and as a market
- Dr Patricia Bossons speaks to us about Henley's approach to coaching
- Henley Corporate Learning Survey 2017
- Changing people, changing lives- Coaching and Behavioural Change at Henley
- Executive Education lands top positions in Financial Times world ranking 2018
Offers & Discounts
10% discount on programme fee for Henley alumni
10% reduction on the programme fee for members of The Henley Partnership
A 50% discount is available to employees of UK registered charities - please note that the discount is applied at Henley Business School's discretion and to confirm eligibility please contact email@example.com
Please note: Only one discount can apply
All offers & discounts will be displayed here when available.
Henley MBA alumni are eligible for 10% discount off the programme fee for the Henley MSc in Coaching & Behavioural Change.
A 50% discount is available to employees of registered charities - please note that the discount is applied at Henley Business School's discretion and to confirm eligibility please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
There are a number of funding options, such as bank loans, available from external sources.
Loans of up to £10,000 are available to eligible students studying for postgraduate Master's courses from the 2018/19 academic year. In general, students need to be domiciled in England. EU students, and individuals falling within certain specified categories, may also be eligible.
You can apply for a loan through the UK Government website. You can read more about this scheme on the Student Loans Company website or on these two UK Government sites: Introduction of loans for postgraduate students and Government response to the Consultation on Support for Postgraduate Study.
The Henley Way
Helping you become exceptional is at the heart of everything we do. The Henley Way is highly practical, collaborative and academically rigorous. We develop confident leaders and professionals who are able to take a fresh perspective and have the energy, capability and resilience to ensure that they and their organisations are successful.
THE HENLEY WAY:
- Rigour & relevance
The Henley Way is much more than a set of principles. It is ingrained in our spirit and fundamental to our purpose and heritage, characterising the way we can help you to deliver exceptional performance.
We engage with you at the deepest level, fostering a shared spirit of curiosity, exploration, investigation and learning. We collaborate with you in order to challenge assumptions and mindsets, and get to the heart of the real business issues you face.
By creating a safe environment that promotes self-reflection, you are able to ask yourself those crucial questions that allow you to learn more about what informs your strategic business decisions and actions.
We work closely with you to diagnose your strategic individual and organisational aims. We then identify programmes that are best aligned to these goals, or we can co-evolve a learning design specifically aimed at achieving these strategic outcomes.
RIGOUR & RELEVANCE
We draw on world-class research and originate leading-edge thinking – but theory remains theory unless it is applied to real-world business. All of our programmes are delivered by experienced faculty who integrate academic rigour with commercial application. What you learn translates into business results.
Our customers rely on our long history and global reputation for successful executive development. These strengths underlie our responsible and collaborative way of working with you to co-create the very best executive learning experiences and commercial outcomes.
At Henley we know we cannot just be exceptional – we are here to help you become exceptional.